Advanced programmes for entrepreneurs
All companies start with an idea.
We can help you learn how to transform your early-stage idea into a startup. You bring the ideas. We'll provide resources and knowledge to help you on your entrepreneurial journey.
Whet your entrepreneurial appetite and develop your vision with OncoStars' engagement, training, and translation platform for cancer researchers.
- Entrepreneurial training
- Access to Cancer Research UK’s and PanaceaStars’ professional networks
- A tailored pipeline and market strategy
- Compete for a £100,000 non-dilutive prize to further develop your concept
- Cancer researchers working in detection, prevention, treatment
- All stages welcome from idea to proof-of-concept
- Cancer Research UK funding not essential
- Teams or single founders
Join us, and get your groundbreaking cancer-related research out of the lab.
Apply by 22 May 2022
Generate a wider impact, develop entrepreneurial skills, build a team and turn your research into a data-driven business.
A 3-month programme for cancer researchers across the UK, in partnership with the University of Edinburgh, Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh Innovations.
- £2,000 grant
- 1-to-1 support
- Links to investors
- Tailored programnme to fit around your academic commitments
New incubator programme coming in 2022
For cancer researchers developing early-stage technologies relying on data, AI or medtech to advance cancer detection, diagnosis, monitoring, or treatment. In partnership with Capital Enterprise and Roche UK.
- 3-day virtual bootcamp
- 3 months of support and mentoring
The 5 strongest teams will each be awarded £50,000 of non-dilutive grant funding and 6 months of tailored mentoring, to support technology validation and development, help to form your startup and move towards onward commercialisation.
Opening in spring 2022
Challenge your ideas while refining your business offering and sharpening your commercialisation sense.
- Compete for a £100,000 non-dilutive prize package
- Academic and corporate mentoring
- Access to alumni, leading executives and sci-entrepreneurs s.
- Occasional working space at Panacea Innovation Centre
- Support in developing and crystallising a tailored pipeline strategy
- An early-stage idea supported by preliminary data and/or sound proposal
- Provisional or under development business plan
- Full-time or part-time founder(s)
New programme coming in autumn 2022
We're here to support you
Regional Translation Lead (London) & Entrepreneurial Programmes Lead