We identify and build investible spin-out propositions and help them secure investment through our Cancer Research Horizons Seed Fund and our investor...
Advanced programmes for entrepreneurs
All companies start with an idea.
We can help you learn how to transform your early-stage idea into a startup. You bring the ideas. We'll provide resources and knowledge to help you on your entrepreneurial journey.
Whet your entrepreneurial appetite and develop your vision with OncoStars' engagement, training, and translation platform for cancer researchers.
- Entrepreneurial training
- Access to Cancer Research UK’s and PanaceaStars’ professional networks
- A tailored pipeline and market strategy
- Compete for a £100,000 non-dilutive prize to further develop your concept
- Cancer researchers working in detection, prevention, treatment
- All stages welcome from idea to proof-of-concept
- Cancer Research UK funding not essential
- Teams or single founders
Join us and get your groundbreaking cancer-related research out of the lab.
New programme coming in 2024
Generate a wider impact, develop entrepreneurial skills, build a team and turn your research into a data-driven business.
A 3-month programme for cancer researchers across the UK, in partnership with the University of Edinburgh and Edinburgh Innovations.
- £2,000 grant
- 1-to-1 support
- Links to investors
- The University of Edinburgh’s wider entrepreneurial ecosystem, including mentors and industry champions
- A curated and exclusive set of workshops and networking events to test your idea – tailored to suit your academic commitments
- Access to CRUK Network
- The chance to win £5,000 on Demo Day
New programme coming in 2024
Challenge your ideas while refining your business offering and sharpening your commercialisation sense.
- Compete for a £100,000 non-dilutive prize package
- Academic and corporate mentoring
- Access to alumni, leading executives and sci-entrepreneurs s.
- Occasional working space at Panacea Innovation Centre
- Support in developing and crystallising a tailored pipeline strategy
- An early-stage idea supported by preliminary data and/or sound proposal
- Provisional or under development business plan
- Full-time or part-time founder(s)
New programme to start in Spring 2024
For cancer researchers developing early-stage technologies relying on data, AI or MedTech to advance cancer detection, diagnosis, monitoring, or treatment. The programme is delivered in partnership with Capital Enterprise, Cancer Research UK, The Brain Tumour Charity, Blood Cancer UK, LifeArc and HGF with support from Roche.
- 5-day virtual bootcamp
- 3 months of support and mentoring
- Advice to create a robust business and development plan
The 6 strongest teams will each be awarded £70,000 of non-dilutive grant funding and 6 months of tailored mentoring, to develop your concept, form a start-up, and gain all the tools to successfully bring your healthtech to market.
Applications for the next Cancer Tech Accelerator cohort are now open until 16 February 2024.
We're here to support you
Associate Director, Search & Evaluation and Entrepreneurial Programmes Lead