Start your entrepreneurial journey
Thinking like an entrepreneur can maximise the impact of your research.
We’ll guide you on your entrepreneurial journey by helping you to build your network and learn the skills of an entrepreneur.
Discover more and start on your path through our entrepreneurial training programmes and webinars.
Lean Launch Programme Video
Lean Launch is a 10-week online course for UK-based postdocs and late-stage PhD students that takes the scientific method (hypothesis, test, evaluate) and applies it to business ideas, allowing you to quickly determine whether there is a market for products or services stemming from your oncology-focused research.
- 2-day Bootcamp training teaching you how to communicate your technology to customers and develop a hypothetical business model
- 10-week market validation with weekly 1-hour coaching clinics from experts experienced in taking research ideas to market.
- 1-day online pitch training for potential customers and investors
- Access to leading experts from academia, business and investors
- Receive up to £4,000 of funding to validate commercially promising ideas in the marketplace and a pathway to a further £25,000 of ICURe funding plus follow-on funding support
When: Applications open: 1st June 2023 closing 22nd September 2023
Where: Online: Welcome Call 9th October – Bootcamp 11th & 12th October
Weekly Progress Calls (1 hour) TBC
Online: Options Roundabout 8th December
Who: Open to applicants across the UK and Europe
A training programme for junior group leaders, postdocs and PhD students. Open to all researchers interested in fighting cancer, regardless of your career stage or discipline.
- Attend webinars and workshops on entrepreneurship, forming a company, operations, team building, market research, fundraising and other topics
- Networking events to connect with mentors and serial entrepreneurs
- Interact with scientists from different disciplines to co-develop ground-breaking new cancer therapeutic diagnostics and preventative interventions
- Receive information about funding to support your work, including grants and other non-dilutive funding, angel investment and venture capital
The training scheme is now open
We are sponsoring places on the Autumn Eureka course this year, for CRUK Fellows and Junior Group Leaders with CRUK-funding. The Eureka International Certificate Course will take place in Sicily, with travel and course fees covered (including lodgings).
Dates: 15th-21st October 2023
I highly recommend this incredible course. Eureka not only taught me about translation but also about team science, academia, industry, and leadership
We're here to support you
Associate Director, Search & Evaluation and Entrepreneurial Programmes Lead